Philippine Government Procurement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conflict of Interest you think ??

Go down

Conflict of Interest you think ?? Empty Conflict of Interest you think ??

Post by Rick on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:32 am

Hope you can help me.

Would there be a conflict of interest if two companies with same controlling shareholders and legal representative form a Joint Venture and submitted a bid?

In the first few pages of the Instructions to Bidders, there are strict guidelines with regards to conflict of interest. I want to know if this is technically applicable to Joint Ventures.

Thank you.
Rick
Rick

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : VMY Inc.
Occupation/Designation : Employee
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Conflict of Interest you think ?? Empty Re: Conflict of Interest you think ??

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Rick wrote:Hope you can help me.

Would there be a conflict of interest if two companies with same controlling shareholders and legal representative form a Joint Venture and submitted a bid?

In the first few pages of the Instructions to Bidders, there are strict guidelines with regards to conflict of interest. I want to know if this is technically applicable to Joint Ventures.

Thank you.

I don't think the prohibition on 'conflict of interest' will apply to them because, as members of a joint venture, their interests should not conflict with each other, which is to be awarded the contract as a joint venture.

There would be 'conflict of interest' if these companies with the same controlling shareholders and/or same legal representatives participated as separate bidders to the same project.
RDV @ GP3i
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum