Latest topics

15% Mobilization

Go down

15% Mobilization

Post by ngak01 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:59 pm

is there a provision in the IRR where the 15% Mobilization of a contract can be deducted only after the last payment?
ngak01

Male Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : PPG
Occupation/Designation : AOII
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 15% Mobilization

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:46 pm

ngak01 wrote:is there a provision in the IRR where the 15% Mobilization of a contract can be deducted only after the last payment?

None.

There is what we call 15% Advance Payment but immediately deductible on first billing. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:16 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
ngak01 wrote:is there a provision in the IRR where the 15% Mobilization of a contract can be deducted only after the last payment?

None.

There is what we call 15% Advance Payment but immediately deductible on first billing. Smile

Actually you should not deduct the 15% Advance Payment in full from the contractor's first billing. This is the provision under Item 4.3 of Annex E of the IRR:

"The advance payment shall be repaid by the contractor by deducting fifteen percent (15%) from his periodic progress payments a percentage equal to the percentage of the total contract price used for the advanced payment."

In other words, if the total contract amount is say P1 Million with advance payment of P150,000 (15% of contract amount), and the first billing is P400,000, you do not actually deduct the entire P150,000 advance payment from the first billing. You will only deduct 15% from his progress payment, or only P60,000.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:19 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
engrjhez® wrote:

None.

Actually you should not deduct the 15% Advance Payment in full from the contractor's first billing. This is the provision under Item 4.3 of Annex E of the IRR:

"The advance payment shall be repaid by the contractor by deducting fifteen percent (15%) from his periodic progress payments a percentage equal to the percentage of the total contract price used for the advanced payment."

In other words, if the total contract amount is say P1 Million with advance payment of P150,000 (15% of contract amount), and the first billing is P400,000, you do not actually deduct the entire P150,000 advance payment from the first billing. You will only deduct 15% from his progress payment, or only P60,000.

Sorry I have made my statement so brief it lost the context/meaning. Consistent with RDV's explanation, let me improve my statement:

There is what we call 15% Cash Advance but immediately deductible starting on first billing equal to the percentage of the total contract price used for the advanced payment.

Now it is clearer.
Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by ngak01 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank you so much! very helpful.
ngak01

Male Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : PPG
Occupation/Designation : AOII
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm

is there a provision in the IRR where the 15% Mobilization of a contract can be deducted only after the last payment?

The grant of the advance payment hinges also in the submission by the contractor of a written request for the release of the advance payment and the submission by the contractor and acceptance by the procuring entity of an irrevocable Letter of Credit of equivalent value with that of the advance payment, from a commercial bank, or a bank guarantee or surety bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company authorized by the Insurance Commission to issue such security bond.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down