Ceiling for Bid Prices

Go down

Ceiling for Bid Prices Empty Ceiling for Bid Prices

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:02 pm

The following paragraph appears under Section 31 on the Ceiling for Bid Prices:

"For foreign-assisted projects, the Approved Budget for the Contract shall be applied as the ceiling, provided that the following conditions are met:

a) Bidding documents are obtainable free of charge on a freely accessible website. If payment of bidding documents is required by the procuring entity, payment could be made upon the submission of bids.
b) The procuring entity has procedures in place to ensure that the ABC is based on recent estimates made by the Engineer or the responsible unit of the procuring entity and that the Estimates are based on adequate detailed engineering (in case of works) and reflect the quality, supervision and risk and inflationary factors, as well as prevailing market prices, associated with the types of works or goods to be procured.
c) The procuring entity has trained cost estimators on estimating prices and analyzing bid variances. In the case of infrastructure projects, the procuring entity must also have trained quantity surveyors.
d) The procuring entity has established a system to monitor and report bid prices relative to ABC and Engineer’s/Procuring Entity’s Estimate.
e) The procuring entity has established a monitoring and evaluation system for contract implementation to provide a feedback on actual total costs of goods and works.
"

Are all these conditions required to be met?

If YES, I suggest that at the end of each item, a semi-colon (Wink be used instead of a period (.), likewise, at the end of Item d) the conjunction AND followed by a comma (,) be placed also.
RDV @ GP3i
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Ceiling for Bid Prices Empty Ceiling for Bid Prices

Post by dlsn on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:25 am

If I remember correctly, all the enumerated conditions should be complied with. Thus, your suggestion would indeed clarify this fact. In the alternative, it may also be sufficient to place the conjunctive "and" between "that" and "the" such that the proviso would read as: "provided that all the following conditions are met:"

Allow me to prod this matter further by asking if, in your opinion, any or all the conditions mentioned are acceptable or achievable by procuring entities. If not, what alternative solution do you propose, if any?
dlsn
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Ceiling for Bid Prices Empty Re: Ceiling for Bid Prices

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:25 am

dlsn wrote:If I remember correctly, all the enumerated conditions should be complied with. Thus, your suggestion would indeed clarify this fact. In the alternative, it may also be sufficient to place the conjunctive "and" between "that" and "the" such that the proviso would read as: "provided that all the following conditions are met:"

That would even be better. Thanks.

dlsn wrote:Allow me to prod this matter further by asking if, in your opinion, any or all the conditions mentioned are acceptable or achievable by procuring entities. If not, what alternative solution do you propose, if any?

I think the first condition is easily acceptable or achievable by the procuring entities. The other conditions may also be acceptable or achievable, but, in the final analysis, the funding institutions have the final say in determining or validating whether:

b) The procuring entity has procedures in place to ensure that the ABC is based on recent estimates made by the Engineer or the responsible unit of the procuring entity...;

c) The procuring entity has trained cost estimators on estimating prices and analyzing bid variances;

d) The procuring entity has established a system to monitor and report bid prices relative to ABC and Engineer’s/Procuring Entity’s Estimate;

e) The procuring entity has established a monitoring and evaluation system for contract implementation to provide a feedback on actual total costs of goods and works.

Maybe, as a suggestion, the funding institutions should be transparent on how these factors will be determined and they should provide the necessary guidelines to the procuring entities so they can comply. Those that have qualified should be poste in the GPPB website to make it more transparent for the bidders particularly.
RDV @ GP3i
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Ceiling for Bid Prices Empty Re: Ceiling for Bid Prices

Post by Sponsored content