Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest

Go down

Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest Empty Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:40 pm

The Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Bid (IAEB) has been replaced by the Invitation to Bid (for Goods and Infra) and Request for Expressions of Interest (for Consulting Services). I noticed, however, that it has not been consistently applied in the draft IRR.

Examples could be seen in Sec. 24.15.3, Sec. 29, Sec. 33.3.1, and Sec. 33.5.
RDV @ GP3i
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest Empty Re: Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Let us look on those sections:

Section 24.15.3
The BAC shall specify in the Invitation to Bid the set of criteria and rating system for short listing of consultants to be used for the particular contract to be bid, which shall consider the following, among others...x x x

Section 29: Bid Opening
The BAC shall open the bids at the time, date and place specified in the Invitation to Bid and the bidding documents. The bidders or their duly authorized representatives may attend the opening of bids. All members of the BAC or their duly authorized representatives who are present during bid opening, shall initial every page of the original copies of all bids received and opened. The minutes of the bid opening shall be made available to the public upon written request and payment of a specified fee to recover cost of materials.

Section 33.3.1
Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 29 of this IRR, as a general policy, the head of the procuring entity shall have the option as to the evaluation procedure to be adopted for consultants, which shall either be quality-based or quality-cost based, as well as the manner by which the actual evaluation of proposals shall be conducted. The consultant evaluation procedure adopted shall be stated in the Invitation to Bid and the bidding documents.

Section 33.5: Quality-Cost Based Evaluation Procedure
For the quality-cost based evaluation procedure, each consultant shall be required to submit its technical and financial proposals simultaneously in separate sealed envelopes, and the technical proposal together with the financial proposal shall be considered in the evaluation of consultants... This shall be indicated in the Invitation to Bid and the bidding documents... x x x

I think, everything is consistent with one thing - evaluation shall be indicated in the Invitation to Bid (as a general rule and term). For the purposes of discussion, may we know which part of the Draft IRR identified "Invitation to Bid" is to goods, services and infra, while the "Request for Expression of Interest" is to consulting services? Smile
engrjhez®
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest Empty Re: Invitation to Bid/Request for Expressions of Interest

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

engrjhez wrote:I think, everything is consistent with one thing - evaluation shall be indicated in the Invitation to Bid (as a general rule and term). For the purposes of discussion, may we know which part of the Draft IRR identified "Invitation to Bid" is to goods, services and infra, while the "Request for Expression of Interest" is to consulting services? Smile

Sorry for late reply, just arrived from an out-of-town seminar.

Here is that section in the draft IRR:

"8.2.1. The Electronic Bulletin Board

b) Procuring entities shall post the Invitation to Bid for goods and infrastructure projects or the Request for Expressions of Interest for consulting services, in the electronic bulletin board in accordance with Section 21 of this IRR.
"

Given than, in Sec. 24.15.3, which you have generously quoted, it should be REI. In Sec. 29, it should be both IB/REI. In Sec. 33.3.1 AND 33.5, REI.
RDV @ GP3i
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down