Latest topics
»  WhatsApp:( +237670801108 ) BUY REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED PASSPORTS, DRIVERS LICENSE, VISA, ID CARDS, IELTS, NEBOSH, ESOL,TOEFL, TOEIC,CERTIFICATES, WITHOUT EXAMS, PTE,GRE,GMAT, SCHOOL DEGREES, etc
Yesterday at 10:42 pm by smitdan55

»  WhatsApp:( +237670801108 ) BUY REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED PASSPORTS, DRIVERS LICENSE, VISA, ID CARDS, IELTS, NEBOSH, ESOL,TOEFL, TOEIC,CERTIFICATES, WITHOUT EXAMS, PTE,GRE,GMAT, SCHOOL DEGREES, etc
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:39 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:38 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:37 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:36 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:35 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:33 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:31 pm by smitdan55

Yesterday at 10:30 pm by smitdan55

Draft IRR (Procurement of Domestic and Foreign Goods)

Go down

Draft IRR (Procurement of Domestic and Foreign Goods)

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 pm

The following provisions appear in IRR-A and maintained in the draft IRR:

"Section 43. Procurement of Domestic and Foreign Goods

Consistent with the Government’s obligations under international treaties or agreements, goods may be obtained from domestic or foreign sources: Provided, however, That the procurement thereof shall be open only to eligible suppliers, manufacturers and distributors: Provided, further, That, in the interest of availability, efficiency and timely delivery of goods, the procuring entity may give preference to the purchase of domestically-produced and manufactured goods, supplies and materials that meet the specified or desired quality, in accordance with provisions of Commonwealth Act No. 138.
"

The underlined phrase seemed a bit confusing. It would appear that domestic preference under the Flag Law (C.A. 138) is applicable only to domestically-produced goods, supplies and materials which are subsequently manufactured also domestically. However, according to Supreme Court in its decision in AIMI vs MWSS (G.R. No. L-45515), domestic preference is applicable to any of the following:

1) to unmanufactured articles, materials or supplies of the growth and production in the Philippines;
2) to manufactured articles, materials and supplies produced, made and manufactured in the Philippines substantially from articles, materials or supplies of the growth, production or manufacture in the Philippines; and
3) to domestic entities vs foreign entities.

I suggest the provision include the above situations as well and the use of "may" be replaced with "shall" to make it mandatory to procuring entities to apply the Flag Law.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Procurement of Domestic and Foreign Goods)

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Preferred to use "may"?

Can anyone see the preparations for Charter Change? Economic reforms? I presume this is gearing towards it.

Just my take.Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 pm

If the wording is "may", the procuring entity can disregard C.A. 138 despite the provision of the law on Domestic Preference. If should be made mandatory because that is how C.A. 138 is worded.http://www.gppb.gov.ph/laws_rules/laws/CA_138.pdf
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

IRR cannot ament RA9184

Post by DefCon on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:57 am

Careful friends. Note that this provision is EXACTLY THE WORDINGS OF THE RA 9184. IRRs are supposed to provide guidelines and procedures on how to IMPLEMENT THE LAW -- NOT AMEND IT...

Last time I checked, my copy of RA 9184 states:

ARTICLE XII, RA 9184
Domestic and Foreign Procurement
SECTION 43. Procurement of Domestic and Foreign Goods. — Consistent with the country's obligations under international treaties or agreements, Goods may be obtained from domestic or foreign sources and the procurement thereof shall be open to all eligible suppliers, manufacturers and distributors. However, in the interest of availability, efficiency and timely delivery of Goods, the Procuring Entity may give preference to the purchase of domestically-produced and manufactured goods, supplies and materials that meet the specified or desired quality.

DefCon

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : DND
Occupation/Designation : Consultant
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:44 am

No problem. Cool. We are just bringing insights. If there is or there is no need to amend RA.9184, then be it.

What I see in RDV's point is just the provision under the unrepealed Commonwealth Act. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Defcon, thank you for pointing out that the same sections in the law and the IRR are almost identical (not exactly the same). However, the last sentence of the IRR contains the phrase "in accordance with Commonwealth Act No. 138. For the IRR to be "in accordance" with the Flag Law, then the provision of the law should be applied, which, provides that the application of Domestic Preference shall be mandatory, as follows:

"SECTION 4. Whenever several bidders shall participate in the bidding for supplying
articles, materials, and equipment for any dependencies mentioned in section one of this Act
for public use, public buildings, or public works, the award shall be made to the domestic
entity making the lowest bid
, provided it is not more that fifteen per centum in excess of the
lowest bid made by a bidder other than a domestic entity, as the term “domestic entity” is
defined in section two of this Act.
"
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down