Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Go down

Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:01 pm

I think the circumstances in which the following provision on Single Calculated/Rated Responsive Bid, as indicated in Sec. 36 of IRR quoted as follows, will no longer apply to the procurement of Goods and Infra, but will only apply to Consulting Services:

"Section 36. Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission

A single calculated/rated and responsive bid shall be considered for award if it falls under any of the following circumstances:

a) If after advertisement, only one prospective bidder submits an LOI and/or applies for eligibility check, in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, and it meets the eligibility requirements or criteria, after which it submits a bid which is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements;

b) If after advertisement, more than one prospective bidder submits an LOI and/or applies for eligibility check, in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, but only one bidder meets the eligibility requirements or criteria, after which it submits a bid which is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements; or

c) If after the eligibility check, more than one bidder meets the eligibility requirements, but only one bidder submits a bid, and its bid is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements.
"

I based my comment on the proposal in the IRR that submission of LOI will no longer apply to Infra Projects, but only to Consulting Services. Considering also that the submission of eligibility requirements and bids for both Goods and Infra will be simultaneous in the proposed IRR, then Item c will also no longer apply to infra projects.

I suggest that the circumstances be updated so that Single Calculated Responsive Bid be applicable.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 pm

RDV wrote:I think the circumstances in which the following provision on Single Calculated/Rated Responsive Bid, as indicated in Sec. 36 of IRR quoted as follows, will no longer apply to the procurement of Goods and Infra, but will only apply to Consulting Services:

"Section 36. Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission

A single calculated/rated and responsive bid shall be considered for award if it falls under any of the following circumstances:

a) If after advertisement, only one prospective bidder submits an LOI and/or applies for eligibility check, in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, and it meets the eligibility requirements or criteria, after which it submits a bid which is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements;

b) If after advertisement, more than one prospective bidder submits an LOI and/or applies for eligibility check, in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, but only one bidder meets the eligibility requirements or criteria, after which it submits a bid which is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements; or

c) If after the eligibility check, more than one bidder meets the eligibility requirements, but only one bidder submits a bid, and its bid is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements.
"
...

The underlined phrase, seemed adequate on this issue. Removal of LOI as a requirement can not invalidate the qualification to SCRB because of (still) the submission to eligibility check.Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm

engrjhez wrote:The underlined phrase, seemed adequate on this issue. Removal of LOI as a requirement can not invalidate the qualification to SCRB because of (still) the submission to eligibility check.Very Happy

You have to read the entire paragraph:

"a) If after advertisement, only one prospective bidder submits an LOI and/or applies for eligibility check, in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, and it meets the eligibility requirements or criteria, after which it submits a bid which is found to be responsive to the bidding requirements;"

In the draft IRR, for infra projects, the application for eligibility and bid submission are no longer separately done, i.e., submission of eligibility requirements and bid are done at the same time. So, Item (a) would not apply to both goods and infra, as no bid submission could happen after eligibility check.

The same would be true for items (b) and (c). In all these situations, the bid submission is separately done. To apply to goods and infra, the only situation applicable is "if after advertisement, only one submits a bid which is found to be responsive..." (Under the draft IRR, the eligibility requirements are part of the technical proposal/bid)
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Sorry for that oversight. I got late night issues Very Happy

And yeah, indeed, there is a need to redefine SCRB's.
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by DefCon on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:11 am

Friends: A slightly different take:

First, did you consider the two-stage bidding in your recommendation above?

Second, I would strongly suggest that condition "a" be eliminated. If there is only a single bidder who applied for eligibility and bought the bid documents, the procuring entity should immediately declare a failure of bidding. Otherwise, we are faced with a supplier who knows that there are no other competitors and thus is assured of winning (if his quality is ok) even if he submits a budget just a few centavos shy of the ABC.

DefCon
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : DND
Occupation/Designation : Consultant
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:50 am

It's an early morning wake before 2am... and i could not post comment any better than RDV regarding this one.

Take it po. Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm

DefCon wrote:Friends: A slightly different take:

First, did you consider the two-stage bidding in your recommendation above?

Second, I would strongly suggest that condition "a" be eliminated. If there is only a single bidder who applied for eligibility and bought the bid documents, the procuring entity should immediately declare a failure of bidding. Otherwise, we are faced with a supplier who knows that there are no other competitors and thus is assured of winning (if his quality is ok) even if he submits a budget just a few centavos shy of the ABC.

On the 1st, I hope GPPB should clarify that the situation applicable for goods and infra is what defcon is thinking, although I still think, the 2-stage bidding procedure would still not fall in place in any of the 3 situations.

I don't also agree on the 2nd suggestion, which is to immediately declare a failure of bidding if only one applies for eligibility and bought bid documents. In the case of consulting services, the bidder would know if he is alone, but that procuring entity can still exercise its Reservation Clause, under Section 41, prior to award of the contract.

But at the end, our comments here are all for the consideration of the GPPB in its finalization of the draft IRR. So, thank you for your comments.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft IRR (Single Calculated/Rated and Responsive Bid Submission)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum