Latest topics
» follow up for my online registration
Yesterday at 5:02 pm by SLRI

» Verification for online registration
Yesterday at 4:56 pm by SLRI

» (ieltsonline2018@yahoo.com)Buy original database Verifiable IELTS certificates online in India, UAE canada,and Pakistan without sitting for the Exams WhatsApp:+237680291603
Yesterday at 4:57 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 We Sell Registered IELTS Certificates Buy IELTS certificate in Australia Buy IELTS certificate in Dubai Buy IELTS certificate in India Buy IELTS certificate in Karachi Buy IELTS certificate in Malaysia Buy IELTS certificate in Nep
Yesterday at 12:25 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 7+ Band Score in IELTS - Is Achievable When You Score in Simple Process Buy Orginal IELTS no need to appear in exam easy process you get result with 3 weeks. Best Ielts Online Score.No Need to Attend the Exam.
Yesterday at 12:22 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 Buy a TOEFL or IELTS fully Verified by Accredited University BUY IELTS CERTIFICATES- scores IELTS Certificate Without attending the Exam
Yesterday at 12:21 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 We offer our exclusive clients the ability to gain IELTS,TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, TOEIC, ESOL AUTODESK certificates without taking the exams
Yesterday at 12:20 am by Ieltssolutionman12

» (skype id: kilan yates) BUY Verifiable IELTS,NEBOSH,certificates new zealand WhatsApp:+237680291603
Yesterday at 12:19 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 Compre el certificado IELTS en Australia Comprar el certificado IELTS en Dubai Compre el certificado IELTS en India Comprar el certificado IELTS en Karachi Comprar certificado IELTS en Malasia Compre el certificado IELTS en Nepal
Yesterday at 12:16 am by Ieltssolutionman12

»  WhatsApp:+237680291603 Compre el certificado original de Ielts sin examen en United Arab Emitates, UAE, DUbai Compre el certificado original de Ielts sin examen en Jordania Compre el certificado original de Ielts sin examen en Arabia Saudita
Yesterday at 12:10 am by Ieltssolutionman12


who's in charge in making tech specs

Go down

who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by black on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 am

im a member of bac sec...

i just would like to know who must be in charge in making technical specifications for the equipments for bidding?

based on the submitted app for example.. aircon, 2hp...laptop...public address system...filing cabinets - theres no mention there of the tech specs...and also the ppmp's submitted by our field offices doesnt have tech specs.

is it the bac twg, the property section or the bac sec?
avatar
black
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 17
Occupation/Designation : lingkod bayan
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by mojacko on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Happy Holidays!
It must start with the end-user and probably to be determined by the TWG

mojacko
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Government Employee
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by black on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

happy holidays too..

thank you..

it is the practice of our office that the requests for equipment coming from our field agencies (ppmp) is in generic name only...like for example 1 agency request window type aircon, the other split type..the tech specs was later added by the property section when it is due for bidding.. if the end users dont indicate the tech specs, which one should be in charge.. prop sec or bac-twg?
avatar
black
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 17
Occupation/Designation : lingkod bayan
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 pm

black wrote:happy holidays too..

thank you..

it is the practice of our office that the requests for equipment coming from our field agencies (ppmp) is in generic name only...like for example 1 agency request window type aircon, the other split type..the tech specs was later added by the property section when it is due for bidding.. if the end users dont indicate the tech specs, which one should be in charge.. prop sec or bac-twg?

It is always the end user or implementing office who will determine the specs. Sometimes, they both need to talk to achieve the key result areas desired.

In the example, the question is : what is the significance of aircon in the delivery of our services? I hope you would agree that it is to provide a convenient and comfortable office or transaction area. To the end user, it is that end result that needs to be addressed, whether it be a window type or split type aircon. But how can we decide whether the window or split-type is more appropriate. The property office (if that office is in-charge of procuring) will determine the required specifications like the rating (horsepower, hp). They would have to intelligently determine that as well as the EER so that no electrical provisions of the building is violated (i.e. overrating). The BAC Sec has nothing to do with it (specs). The BAC TWG may be consulted but they are not the responsible group to determine the final specifications as will be reflected in the bidding documents. The BAC TWG will only see to it that the specs submitted by the bidder is complying with the specs provided for in the bidding documents.

Happy New Year Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by black on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 am

thank you sir..
avatar
black
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 17
Occupation/Designation : lingkod bayan
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by kim_wd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am

This has always been the dilemma of our BAC wherein the end-users expect the BAC to provide/research for the specs of the items that they require. Time and again the end-users have been told that it is their responsibility to provide the specs to the BAC to facilitate procurement. One end-user even claimed that it's not their job. This oftentimes result to a waste of time, money and effort when the end-user does not accept the delivered items just because it is not what they wanted.

The bottom line here is that they do not want the added responsibility of finding the right specs for their requested item especially since reference to brand names is not allowed. And then pag nagkapalpakan na sa trabaho nila, they would always say na "matagal kasi sa BAC/procurement"! Evil or Very Mad
avatar
kim_wd
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : GOCC water district
Occupation/Designation : BAC Member
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 pm

kim_wd wrote:This has always been the dilemma of our BAC wherein the end-users expect the BAC to provide/research for the specs of the items that they require. Time and again the end-users have been told that it is their responsibility to provide the specs to the BAC to facilitate procurement. One end-user even claimed that it's not their job. This oftentimes result to a waste of time, money and effort when the end-user does not accept the delivered items just because it is not what they wanted.

The bottom line here is that they do not want the added responsibility of finding the right specs for their requested item especially since reference to brand names is not allowed. And then pag nagkapalpakan na sa trabaho nila, they would always say na "matagal kasi sa BAC/procurement"! Evil or Very Mad

Explain to them (end-users) that what matters is what the government needs, not what they want. In the end, if they would not make the research of their needs, they have no right to complain on items that will be delivered to them. The function of the BAC is simply conduct the procurement process based on their needs/specifications and determine where to award the contract - no more, no less.
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by kim_wd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Unfortunately, sadyang matigas ang ulo ng end-user. It's much easier for them to specify a particular brand than research for the appropriate specifications that would deter suppliers from offering substandard materials.

What should we do like, if we need polyethylene (PE) pipes. Is it enough to just specify SDR 11? Please note that our time-tested brand is Atlanta, but then specifying a brand is a no-no. There was a time when the end-user requested for such items and when the items were delivered, the end-user said that it's substandard. Samples were then brought to UP (if I remember right) for testing and turned out that it passed. Because it passed the test, the office accepted the delivered matls. However, when the pipes were used, the pipes easily cracked when subjected to water pressure or the pipes were too brittle. What went wrong? What should we do so that we won't have to repeat the scenario?
avatar
kim_wd
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : GOCC water district
Occupation/Designation : BAC Member
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm

kim_wd wrote:Unfortunately, sadyang matigas ang ulo ng end-user. It's much easier for them to specify a particular brand than research for the appropriate specifications that would deter suppliers from offering substandard materials.

What should we do like, if we need polyethylene (PE) pipes. Is it enough to just specify SDR 11? Please note that our time-tested brand is Atlanta, but then specifying a brand is a no-no. There was a time when the end-user requested for such items and when the items were delivered, the end-user said that it's substandard. Samples were then brought to UP (if I remember right) for testing and turned out that it passed. Because it passed the test, the office accepted the delivered matls. However, when the pipes were used, the pipes easily cracked when subjected to water pressure or the pipes were too brittle. What went wrong? What should we do so that we won't have to repeat the scenario?

The Procuring Entity is always in the best position to determine what is best for them.

On what went wrong, you must check everything:
- have you set the correct standards required by the project?
- have you set the correct tests required applicable to the project?
- have you checked other external factors in the site not considered before procurement?

What was in the brand that you mentioned that makes is appropriate in your projects? Was it its tensile strength, torsional strength, resistance to corrosive agents, thermal resistance, or its material? A well researched specs will never fail its purpose. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by kim_wd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Now this would really further overwhelm the end-user! They'd rather pass the buck to the BAC. Anyways, i'll discuss this matter (again) with the BAC. Kung ako lang siguro... No proper specs, No procurement!!! Twisted Evil

Thank you engrjhez!
avatar
kim_wd
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : GOCC water district
Occupation/Designation : BAC Member
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:19 pm

kim_wd wrote:Now this would really further overwhelm the end-user! They'd rather pass the buck to the BAC. Anyways, i'll discuss this matter (again) with the BAC. Kung ako lang siguro... No proper specs, No procurement!!! Twisted Evil

Thank you engrjhez!

No problem. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: who's in charge in making tech specs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum