purchase request

Go down

purchase request

Post by lumawig on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Good Pm everyone...Do i need to prepare a Purchase Request if the method of procurement is competitive bidding? Or the Approved Budget for the Contract is enough?

lumawig

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DSWD-CAR
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: purchase request

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 pm

lumawig wrote:Good Pm everyone...Do i need to prepare a Purchase Request if the method of procurement is competitive bidding? Or the Approved Budget for the Contract is enough?

Quoting from my own blog:

x x x The PR form for example was created from a ’reactive’ nature of transaction. Under RA 9184, this should have already been replaced by a ‘proactive’ Project Procurement Management Plan (PPMP) and Annual Procurement Plan (APP). But since COA still stand as an independent constitutional agency, procurement practitioners are only bound to comply even if there seemed to be duplication of forms. x x x

My answer on the underlined query is YES - not because it is a part of procurement rules, but as the COA prescribed form, we need to accomplish. Although I am into opinion that, the APP alone will be enough to initiate a procurement. I hope the COA revisit their policies on the required forms and procedures.

Please read the full text (of Case Study: Obligation Request Part 4) on the link below:
http://engrjhez.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/case-study-obligation-request-part-4-3/
Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 am

"Lumawig wrote"

Do I need to prepare a Purchase Request if the method of procurement is competitive bidding? Or the Approved Budget for the Contract is enough
I agree with Sir Engrjhez on the importance of the PPMP and the APP but the Purchase Request is where you will put in writing the specific procurement that you will undertake, be it through the Alternative Mode or Public Bidding. The approved Budget for Contract is as important as any other data as this will guide the bidder in his accomplishment of the RFQ or the Bid form.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lumawig on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

thanks a lot...

lumawig

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DSWD-CAR
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by REZIE on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

May I add??? PR is necessary bcoz the amount that should be imputed therein is the actual need/requirement (based on the winning bidder's amount of project) of the HOPE ...whereas in the PPMP and APP, it is merely a plan. Our PR in actuality is somewhat lower than what is in the PPMP and APP.

REZIE

Female Number of posts : 33
Company/Agency : DENR III PENRO AURORA
Occupation/Designation : GOVT EMP/ BOOKKEEPER/ REGULAR BAC MEMBER(FINANCE)
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by REZIE on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 pm

In relation to this, can someone answer me...is PR equivalent to Job Request ( JR ) when we are procuring labor services/labor pakyaw contract?..After PR diba we need to order through Purchase Orders (PO)? When we process labor contracts, are PR=JR, PO=JO?

REZIE

Female Number of posts : 33
Company/Agency : DENR III PENRO AURORA
Occupation/Designation : GOVT EMP/ BOOKKEEPER/ REGULAR BAC MEMBER(FINANCE)
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 am

REZIE wrote:May I add??? PR is necessary bcoz the amount that should be imputed therein is the actual need/requirement (based on the winning bidder's amount of project) of the HOPE ...whereas in the PPMP and APP, it is merely a plan. Our PR in actuality is somewhat lower than what is in the PPMP and APP.

PR is prepared before any procurement is undertaken so i would have to disagree with the underlined as there were no bidders yet at this time. PR amount should be consistent and equal to the ABC. However, I believe that the PR may be in the amount less than the ABC but in no case to exceed the ABC as reflected in the APP. Smile

engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2482
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 am

"REZIE wrote"

In relation to this, can someone answer me...is PR equivalent to Job Request ( JR ) when we are procuring labor services/labor pakyaw contract?..After PR diba we need to order through Purchase Orders (PO)? When we process labor contracts, are PR=JR, PO=JO?

Yes. Job request equals Purchase Request while Job Order is to Purchase Order.

jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 pm

lumawig wrote:Good Pm everyone...Do i need to prepare a Purchase Request if the method of procurement is competitive bidding? Or the Approved Budget for the Contract is enough?
Excerpts from the NGAS manual, which is self explanatory. bounce
Section 54. Purchase request
The Purchase Request (appendix 51) shall be used to request for the Purchase of inventory/item not available on stock and it shall be the basis of preparing the Purchase Order.
meanwhile the Instructions and the manner the form (appendix 51) to be accomplished as follows
a.1. xxxx
b. This form shall be prepared if the goods/supplies/properties are not carried in stock based on the SAI received from the Accounting Unit.

sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Do you have a copy of a standard format of Job Request.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 am

Jovinal wrote:Do you have a copy of a standard format of Job Request.
I believe, there is no standard format for the Jod Request. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:21 pm

In our practice, this are the steps, 1) Program of Work and Estimate 2) The engineer prepare a letter address to Personnel Officer for the preparation of Job Order Contract for persons contained in the letter.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down