Latest topics

Generic Procurement Manual

Go down

Post by cgga91 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 am

If a duly approved procurment manual of an agency is amended, will the amendment have to go to the gppb again for its approval before it is fully implemented by the agency?

cgga91

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : CGGA BUILDERS AND ENTERPRISES
Occupation/Designation : Civil Engineer/Proprietor
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

re: GENERIC PROCUREMENT GUIDELINES

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Procurement Manuals are based on RA 9184. It can never deviate or set rules contrary from that law. My opinion is, the manuals actually need not be "approved" by the GPPB as it connotes correctness by its subsequent approval. For as long as the manual is referring to the IRR-9184, there's no big deal on amendments.

What is important is that bidder follows the Instruction to Bidders, and the Bidding Documents issued by the Procuring entity. Manuals basically are left for the "legal minds" and the BAC as guide book only.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2485
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : City Administrator's Office / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Generic Procurement Manual

Post by cgga91 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 pm

It is strange since the Procurement Manual of the DPWH was duly approved by the GPPB through a resolution.

Also, I agree that these manuals are based on the provisions of RA 9184. But how come that in the DPWH Manual for example it limited the choice of the Bid security to only two leaving behind the choice of the bid bond.

Furthermore, if there are changes/amendments in these procurement manual would it not be logical that the same changes/amendments be published/posted in the corresponding agencies website?

I also agree that bidders should be careful in the interpretation and understanding of the bid documents that they receive, since it is here that the fine details called for in the bid are found. But in the case of the DPWH in the procurement of locally funded projects, their documents are encompassing that they lump everything on the assumption that the bidder is fully familiar wiith their procurement manual especially in the Regional and District level.

cgga91

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : CGGA BUILDERS AND ENTERPRISES
Occupation/Designation : Civil Engineer/Proprietor
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 am

cgga91 wrote:It is strange since the Procurement Manual of the DPWH was duly approved by the GPPB through a resolution.

Also, I agree that these manuals are based on the provisions of RA 9184. But how come that in the DPWH Manual for example it limited the choice of the Bid security to only two leaving behind the choice of the bid bond.

Furthermore, if there are changes/amendments in these procurement manual would it not be logical that the same changes/amendments be published/posted in the corresponding agencies website?

I also agree that bidders should be careful in the interpretation and understanding of the bid documents that they receive, since it is here that the fine details called for in the bid are found. But in the case of the DPWH in the procurement of locally funded projects, their documents are encompassing that they lump everything on the assumption that the bidder is fully familiar wiith their procurement manual especially in the Regional and District level.

I am of the view that any amendments to the customized manuals of a specific agency of the government should be approved by the GPPB, just as (you correctly pointed out) the latter was approved by the GPPB through a Resolution.

The choice of the form and amount of the Bid Security, Performance Security, and Warranty Security is up to the procuring entity, which it should indicate in the bidding documents. In other words, it does not violate RA 9184 and its IRR-A if a procuring entity limits the forms of security to cash, manager's check, and letter of credit only. In the case of DPWH, as you have observed in its customized manual, surety bond is no longer among the forms acceptable to the agency. This should, however, be very clear in the bidding documents issued by DPWH, even if you are not aware of its customized manual.

I hope you can be more specific in your observation that "in the case of DPWH in the procurement of locally funded projects, their documents are encompassing that they lump everything", in order for me to comment on it. However, if you need clarifications, remember that you can raise these during the pre-bid conference or you can write the BAC for clarification provided you do it at least 10 calendar days before the deadline for the submission and opening of bid.

My own take. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

RDV
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Generic Procurement Manual